Gone are the days when people had to run from pillar to post to find pharmacy stores in time of need. With improving healthcare facilities, many stores have cropped up which stay open 24x7 and keep a good stock of almost every medicine required and more. Still, it can become cumbersome for some people (e.g. old patients, patients staying alone, disabled patients) to go out and buy medicines on their own. Solving this problem, many online pharmacy stores have cropped up. An online pharmacy sells prescription drugs, healthcare accessories, supplements and also offers certain healthcare services to those requiring them. While many have taken to such online medical stores like a fish takes to water, some still remain sceptical whether buying medicines online is a good idea or not. Many mobile apps for the same are also available these days, making it way easier to buy prescription drugs online in India and elsewhere around the globe.
Comparative view of offline and online pharmacies
- It is easier to access those prescription drugs which are otherwise not available at a nearby store.
- There’s no need to wait for an offline store to stock a certain potency of a drug.
- Such online pharmacies in India offer huge discounts on first orders and give discounts to valued customers too.
- With healthcare becoming increasingly costlier, some patients are even turning to online prescription drug stores to consult doctors and get medicines delivered to their doorstep in one go.
- Some of the online drug stores even offer a wealth of drug information easily accessible which a local pharmacist won’t discuss since they have limited interaction with patients or buyers.
- A patient suffering from an ailment for which he/she is embarrassed to go to a local store can easily opt to order prescription drugs online.
- There’s a danger of buying spurious or expired drugs.
- Online pharmacies might be stocking certain medicines not approved in the country.
- Delivery time may vary depending on the Online Pharmacy in India and its location.
- Tips to buy prescription drugs online safely
- It makes sense to refer to online pharmacy reviews while buying online pharmacy prescription drugs in India
- Do not fall hard for online pharmacy stores offering schedule H and other strong medicines without prescriptions
- Check for any certifications earned by the online pharmacy or look only for licensed online pharmacy stores in India
Buying pharmacy prescription drugs online in India has made the lives of many patients easier, as the portals can now access quality medications easily at the click of a button if they research carefully and order.